The Montgomery County Committee on Aging, doing business as The Friendship Center was established in 1973 and is the only non-profit organization specifically dedicated to serving the needs and enriching the lives of seniors throughout Montgomery County, Texas. Core services include a variety of programs that seek to meet the social, physical and emotional needs of seniors 60 years and older.
The Friendship Center's core services include:
- Congregate Dining - Hot meals are served at six locations.
- Meals on Wheels- Hot and frozen meals are delivered by volunteers to homebound participants.
- Transportation - Trips are provided for participants for travel to the centers for activities and meals, non-emergency medical needs, essential shopping and recreation. A 48-hour advance reservation must be made to secure travel availability.
- Activity Programming - Programming is developed with the senior in mind. Programs include arts and crafts, field trips, speakers, and a variety of other activities. Areas of interest are coordinated with local organizations, business and community leaders to bring presentations to the centers.
- Senior Resources - LMSW staff available to assist seniors with counseling, grief managment, utility bills, and many other needs pertinent to their well being.